Monday, June 26, 2006

Birthday Cupcakes


With tomorrow being my Mum's birthday I thought I would make her some chocolate truffles for her birthday. While that was fun and tasty, you can have too much chocolate. So I decided that for her birthday cake I would go non-chocolate for this first time in about 7 years. Last time was when I decided to be different and go with the Icecream cake trend. Well this time I was inspired and used a wonderful recipe for Carrot Orange Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Orange Peel this recipe was found here at Cupcake Bakeshop. So off I went, I decided to cut out the pecans, as I'm not a huge nut fan where not essential to a dish or baked product and I chose not to use anything fancy on the topping. So I came out with a nice fluffy cupcake/muffin (it was sort of in between). I added some minced orange zest to the frosting to add a bit more flavour. Once out of the oven I resisted the urge to pop a couple in my mouth, waited for them to cool and added the wonderful frosting to them and topped with a couple of pieces of candied peel.


Carrot Orange Cupcake with Zesty Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Orange Peel

Quite enjoyable overall. Also seems like something Mum will enjoy as she has always been into the Carrot Cake thing so this will be a nice take on it. Come to think of it, it may be nice with a very light dusting of that Valrhona cocoa powder I have lying in the cupboard. Mmmmm.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.